Today I'd like to share my first item of the perfect pattern parcel #3. I'm trying to make my own summer wardrobe this year and first up is the staple dress, a pattern by April Rhodes. After measuring I decided to make a muslin first (size medium) out of some old white cribsheets. I made the version with the straight hem, skipped the pockets and did an alteration to the shirring. By lack of elastic thread I sewed a biastape to the wrong side of the dress and inserted some normal elastic. The dress turned out to be a perfect fit! I love it so much I decided the muslin is very wearable too, it just needed a different colour so I dyed it grey. I'm convinced this dress will be worn a lot. It's very comfortable, perfect for chasing after my boys on warm summer days and at the same time quite fashionable. Love it!