Because of the holes on the elbows I couldn't reuse the sleeves, so I added a pair blue ones cut from a woolen maxi skirt. Working with wool was quite tricky, it tended to stretch a lot and it frayed at the armholes. So the sewing went a bit wobbly, but luckily nothing my iron couldn't fix in the end.
I added some leather details to the zipper and in the corner of the front panel. The leather is recycled from an old purse.
I'm really pleased with the endresult of this upcycle. A nice and warm woolen winter sweater. All we need now is for the temperature to drop further so we can go iceskating on the lakes.