I made the Ole pattern for little rascal with the intention to serve as his summer jacket. I dyed some grey stretch denim into a great "bahama" blue. A bright summer colour.
To make this sweater look more like a jacket I decided to go with a baseball jacket appearance and made the sleeves out of sweatshirt fabric, recycled from one of my old sweaters. I love this colour combination on my little blonde guy. Prepare for some picture overload!
And then I had to wait for the kamsnaps to arrive... how frustrating it is to have to wait before you can finish a project! And the weather didn't cooperate as well (I planned on some nice windy beach shots, but nope, too much rain, so inside pictures it is) I chose the orange snaps for a little pop of colour.
And although I didn't intend to let rascal wear the jacket inside out, the finish is so neat it is still possible.
So it all came together just in time for the contest deadline. Check out the other Ole entries on this flickr page. There sure are some gems among them! I need a lot of practice before I reach that level, but as always, a contest or sew along gives me just the right flow to tackle a new project.